Jabra is a subsidiary of GN Netcom and It develops, manufactures and markets wireless and corded headsets in the global market. They have added a new member to its Elite family, Elite 85h at CES 2019 in Las Vegas. Jabra is ready to compete with the premium wireless noise-cancelling headphones like Bose QC35 II and Sony WH-1000XM3, with their Elite 85h, with some high-tech features like active noise cancellation, wireless connectivity, hands-free voice assistant support, and USB Type-C charging.
The Elite 85h is Jabra’s most premium consumer headphone offering by now. It is priced at £280 /$299 (approximately around Rs. 21,300). The headphones are set to launch in both the US and UK in April 2019 until then we won’t be able to buy the headphone. We don’t currently have a clear launch date and price in India. Even the company has to confirm whether they launch here or not. Will it conquer the dominance of Bose and Sony?
Design And Features
- The headphone will be available in Black, Gold Beige and Navy, Titanium Black.
- The audio quality will be superb, provides extraordinary music clarity
- SmartSound: An adaptive audio experience which can automatically analyse your environment. It uses AI technology paired with two microphones to depict the surrounding and adjust your personalised sound settings. There are three sound settings, like ‘Commute’, ‘In Public’ and ‘In Private’ to give the best calls and music experience.
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) to block unwanted background noise.
- Eight microphones are there in total. Four microphones are used for calls, two for ANC and two for SmartSound.
- The company claimed that the headphone is 100% hands-free. It will support Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or iPhone Siri depending on what phone you are using.
- 40mm custom-engineered drivers.
- The headphone comes with IP52 water and dust resistance rating.
- Jabra Sound+ app to set up your phone, to access SmartSound and other features, enabling you to personalise the device. You can choose your voice assistant, customise music profiles, modify how much background noise you want to block out and etc.
- 32-hours battery power on a single charge with an activated ANC.
- USB Type-C port for charging
What To Expect Of Jabra Elite 85H
This premium headphone is not just for those who love fun but also appeals to audiophiles with its promising audio delivery and amazing built quality.
Based on early review notes from around the web, the headphone is set to be a winner in its category and price range. What most people say is that of its comfortable factor, which is said to be one of the best in class. Covered by faux leather, it gives a gentle and superior comfort on the user’s head.
The looks are amazing but that won’t be the reason why you would love to put your money on this headphone. Available in different colour variants including Gold Beige, Titanium Black and Navy.
An important highlight for those daily headphone users is that these gem of a headphone are rain-resistant. Although this is attractive to a lot, the real reason why you would love to get your hands on these is that, they have a stunning battery life of 32 hours, with Active Noise Cancellation turned on.
The noise cancellation in the Jabra Elite 85H is no child’s play. It actually is intelligent. Yes, you heard that right. It comes with Artificial Intelligence to monitor and read your surroundings carefully, to give you the best sound experience. Another selling point of these headphones is their ability to sync with Smart Virtual Assistors including the Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri and the Google Assistant.